Monday, December 25, 2017

2017 Holidays Part II

December 25
I woke up feeling okay. So after waking the girls up, we let them open their gifts at our place.

We ate a little breakfast (so I could take my medicines), then got ready for the day to head over to my moms house so we meet up with everyone else and open presents there.

Only thing was, on the drive over, I felt it hit me: The tiredness that comes with getting sick. By the time we made it to the house, I had to lie down on the couch in the living room where we would be opening gifts. I tried to take pictures, but my body just wanted to lay down and sleep. So I asked Amanda to open the gifts to us, and everyone opened theirs, while I went and slept for 2 or 3 hours. Amanda woke me up so that I could get some food in me to help fight whatever my body was fighting. Also, to get up and lay on the couch to spend some time with the family.

The girls went sledding in the front yard while I took it easy.

Family members and neighbors came by to wish us a Merry Christmas. Before it got dark, we headed back home so that we could get dinner for everyone. We first stopped to wish Amanda’s grandma a Merry Christmas (I stayed in the car since I was sick). We wanted to take the girls to get Chinese food, but the two restaurants open were quite expensive. So we went home and made Hamburger Helper instead.

After dinner, we sat on the couch together to watch one more Christmas movie. We watched A Christmas Story. After that, the girls went to bed and we called it a night as well.

December 26
Luckily, I didn’t have to work a morning shift at Home Depot, I slept into be able to survive my shift at Dan’s while still under the weather. While I slept, Amanda too the girls to Walmart to use their gift cards they received for Christmas on clothes. I left for work, and survived. Amanda made dinner for the girls, but she wrote me saying they were laughing uncontrollably during dinner at Amanda for silly stuff. Oh, girls... Then they played card/board games.

December 27
My mom asked if she could spend some time with the girls, so I said yes. She picked them up while I was at work, then later in the evening while I was at work, they went shopping at Old Navy, then stopped by at my work to say Hi since they went to dinner with my grandma across the street.

December 28
With me working both jobs on this day, my mom keep the girls another day. I don’t know everything that happened, but I do know my mom had bunco that night, and so the girls Aunt Annie came over and baby sat them. I bet they had fun with her— they always do.

December 29
Finally, a whole day off without being completely down while sick. So we did what I wanted to do on Christmas and take the family to see Episode VIII of Star Wars. Took them to the theater and had fun. After the movie, we went home and made lunch and dinner, while so drove out to pick up the hockey tickets for the game later that night.

Prior to the holidays, I asked a coworker if she could hook me up with Grizzlies tickets (can’t tell how or why) so I could take the family with. In the end, only only the four of us and TJ wanted to go. Sadly, TJ had to work (which involved driving a delivery truck out of state and back again in one day) and didn’t make it back until after the game started.

After eating, we drove over to the arena and enjoyed a great game of hockey. I need my girls to go to more of the Grizzlies games, because every time I go without them, they lose. When I take them, they win. As always, we had a lot of fun for a free game... especially when I caught Chloe doing the Chicken Dance. Nope, sorry, not going to embarrass her.

December 30
Sadly (for me), the girls said that they wanted to go home to celebrate New Years. It had been since I think 2013 into 2014 when they last celebrated it down then. So their mom and step dad drove up the day before and stayed in town overnight, then picked up the girls after they had woken up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment