Saturday, July 28, 2018

Summer 2018 - Week 8 (Day 7)

July 28

Today was the last day we were going to be in California. We got ready, packed up, checked the room one more time, then headed out to the van to head out. Before we were to arrive to the airport, we had planned to visit a couple well known places in California that I suggested. The first one I discovered the night before while looking at Google Maps while driving back to the hotel. I discovered that the house that was used for the exterior shot of The Brady Bunch house that was shown in the beginning or between scenes of each episode, was nearby. With TJ driving, I had him drive past it. Only us four adults recognized it, because the girls had not even seen the show yet. (I finally showed them months after a quick look at the second episode.)
The house back in the '60s (picture source, NPR)

It's had a brick wall built in front of it since the show... and other yard changes.

After quickly driving by the house, we headed west on the 101, then south down Laurel Canyon, then west over to Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park. If you are asking yourself, “Why...?”, this is where Marilyn Monroe and many other well known celebrities are laid to rest. We walked around looking for any famous names we know, and we found quite a few besides Marilyn and Hef.


I think TJ was a little worried that we would be late on getting to the airport, so we headed to Long Beach Airport. TJ and my moms flight was before ours, so we dropped them off and the four of us headed over to get lunch at Wendy’s. After eating, we filled up to top off the van with gas, then drove it over to the car rental car drop off. We grabbed our luggage and walked into and through security. Once through, we actually found the other two sitting in the chairs eating lunch from the airport. That means, they could have come with and joined us for lunch. Long Beach Airport is not as chaotic LAX, just a heads up for those traveling.

We waited and did whatever we wanted to entertain ourselves while waiting for our flights in the airport. Like I said, TJ and my mom’s flight was scheduled before ours. Well, the airplane that was to come from San Francisco into Long Beach to take them home, was delayed in San Francisco... this now meant the four of us would be boarding first and headed out first now.

We waited in line, walked out onto the tarmac, then up the ramp into the plane to find our seats. Took off and flew into Las Vegas.

Heidi met us there to pick us up as my car was still at her house.

We drove over to meet her boyfriend at the ramen noodle place we ate at a few days prior. This was a surprise to the girls because we told them that we were going to eat at the sub shop next to the ramen restaurant.

Chloe took the dare from Aunt Heidi to eat wasabi. She made $7 bucks from it, lol.

After eating, we headed back to her place to have fun in the neighbors pool.

The girls spent a majority of the night swimming with the neighbor kids, while we relaxed. Before going they went to bed, I realized I didn’t want to go home the next day, neither did anyone else. So I wrote the girls mom to ask if we could bring them home the day after. She said yes and we enjoyed one more night at Heidi’s.

After the girls went to bed, Amanda and I went to go play at the near by casino. I drank until buzzed, and then got hungry. So we walked to the 7-11 across the freeway overpass to get food. The graveyard cashier rocked, he gave us the hot dogs for free since he was going to throw them out. Shibby!

This is just some of the photos. Click below to

No comments:

Post a Comment